Publié le 9 April 2021
If you would like to know more about the section A of the written expression test of the TEF and how to prepare for it, then this article is for you!
You have to write the continuation of a text in a coherent and relevant way. Don’t forget to provide details, explanations and new information that does not appear in the statement.
Therefore, we advise you to read the topic carefully, and then use the title to get inspired to imagine what will happen next.
During section A of the written expression test, you will be evaluated based on :
• the relevance of the information you transmit (are they in line with the subject?) ;
• the quality of the information (examples, details, illustrations) ;
• the overall coherence of the text, the quality of the sentences and the vocabulary you use (variety, precision) ;
• the syntax and punctuation.
Some advice to pass section A of the written expression test, by Amandine, education manager:
1. Do not copy the beginning of the text, you will waste time and it does not earn you any points.
You can also consult our articles on the TEF test:
– Prepare section B of the written expression test of the TEF
– Prepare for the oral expression test of the TEF
– Prepare for the oral comprehension test of the TEF
– Prepare for the written comprehension test of the TEF
– Prepare for the vocabulary and syntax test of the TEF
Don’t forget to consult our TEF preparation workshops here.